Sunday, March 15, 2009

Stevenday

So, I've decided to petition God to add an eighth day to the week. I've decided that He simply made a mistake when He chose to make a week seven days. Now, don't get your panties in a bunch over that last statement; I know God doesn't really make mistakes...just play along, OK?!

I'm six weeks into the part-time portion of my new position at Lifepoint Church. It's been such an answer to prayer that God led us to this incredible church last spring, but especially since He opened a door to us serving there after a long year of looking for position (yes, it's been a year). I'll be part-time for three more weeks and FULL-TIME APRIL 5. Needless to say, I've got that date circled on my calendar!

These past six weeks have convinced me that God should have made an eight day week. You see, I have so many exciting tasks/project/initiatives that I want to pursue that I'm finding it difficult to squeeze them in. Need that eighth day! Between my two day work week (crazy-busy Sundays and staff-centered Tuesdays), school for the big girls, house work, a full-time working wife, etc., life's been...shall we say...a little crazy.

So, for the next three weeks, I'm proposing an eighth day - "Stevenday." That way, I can get all the things done I want/need to. Will you bend God's ear with me?

The good thing is once April 5 gets here, "Stevenday" can fade into history as seven will do just fine like it always has. I think...

2 comments:

Be Our Guest said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Be Our Guest said...

Hate to break it to you, but Stevenday might still be necessary after you are FT! :) But I'm with you on bending God's ear--to either make an 8th day or at least help me to organize my seven days better!

Thanks for all you do on your two days at work as well as all the other days you squeeze in your many responsibilities. We are so blessed to have you on the LC staff! Can't wait to be able to harass you six days a week instead of just two. ;)