Saturday, September 6, 2008

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

So, it's been a while since I've blogged. I seem to go through spurts, like so many others. My main excuse? The blessing of having my wife at home as she has recovered from her surgery. We are very thankful that all has gone well; your prayers have certainly been a huge part of that!

Anyway...wife at home...yeah. Ever hear that phrase "don't know what ya got 'til it's gone?" Yup, it was more than just a song by that 80s superband Cinderella. Well, that phrase could sum up the past six months of our lives. The last month or so since surgery has once again whetted my appetite for what's been "gone" temporarily - my wife at home and me working. If anything, this season of life has given us a greater appreciation and desire for the proverbial "it."

"It" just fits. Ya know, like an old pair of jeans and a t-shirt (VT, of course...). About this time next week we have to slip back into our starched polyester pleated trousers with a wool button down dress shirt. Yeah, I know there's no such thing, but it makes my point - it sucks to wear and it looks awful to boot.

Here's hoping (and praying) we can find that ol' pair of jeans and t-shirt again soon...

Leave a comment for goodness sake; it motivates me to blog more often! In fact, I dare you to.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Glad things are going well with you all. Better luck with those Hokies this week! :) Don't get blown away in Hanna!

Kimberly said...

So glad Lindsey is doing better! Think about you guys often. Been crazy over here. We evacuated permanently from New Orleans last Friday. We now live in Hattiesburg, MS. Who would have thought?!. We are excited though. Not looking forward to two mortgages, but HE who calls us is faithful and HE will surely do it... Love you guys!

brenna said...

Sadly, I have a great picture in my head with you wearing the outfit you described. In my picture, you're wearing a hat too.

The Sobie said...

poop!