Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Grilled Goodness

So, my girls asked if they could have grilled cheese yesterday for lunch. Being the generous, selfless dad I am, I said, "Sure, but let me make mine first." So, I set about my masterpiece.

Oh, what a masterpiece it was!

Two slices of Arnold's Oat Nut bread (100% whole grain no less) buttered with Country Crock Churn Style encasing a melty mound consisting of a slice of American cheese, a generous layer of shredded mozzarella, an equally generous layer of shredded Mexican blend (four cheeses), and another slice of American for good measure, grilled to a golden brown on each side with a ooey-gooey center.

Good golly, it was cheeserific. (That's a blend of "cheese" and "terrific" for those of you wondering...)

I kept getting dirty looks from the girls. I have a weird feeling those garden variety grilled cheeses won't cut it anymore...

9 comments:

The Sobie said...

I've never been able to say (or read, I just found out) "oatnut" with a straight face.

You're a better man than I, it seems, oatnut.

Steven Latham said...

You must command your mind, young Jedi...

The Sobie said...

You can't hear the teacher with beans in your ears.

The Sobie said...

Check out that spaceship!

The Sobie said...

What does zoology have to do with my instep, anyway?

The Sobie said...

Who hid the butter?

The Sobie said...

My left nostril is awesome.

The Sobie said...

Tater tot nation vs. the hippopotamus. Coming soon to something.

ocean mommy said...

I envy your domestic skills. Chad still doesn't allow, YES I said ALLOW, me to make his holy grilled cheese. Something tells me that he would eat yours....