Thursday, May 1, 2008

Not Cut Out

I'm not cut out to be a worship leader.

  • I'm not 23, 165 pounds, freshly married, and just found out I'm gonna be a dad.
  • I don't wear slim jeans, graphic t-shirts, and vintage bowling shoes.
  • I don't sculpt my hair to be intentionally uneven and randomly spiked (a la Edward Scissorhands).
  • I don't play every worship song in B (actually, capoed 4 in G...)
  • I don't have a conspicuous tattoo to demonstrate my loyalty to Jesus Christ.
  • I don't listen to Coldplay or U2 every day for songwriting inspiration.
  • When I sing worship songs, I don't mysteriously acquire a British accent.
Nope. I'm not cut out to be a worship leader.

7 comments:

The Sobie said...

You may not be, but man, I am! Sign me up! I've been working on my British accent!

The Sobie said...

... And in all honesty, I plan on getting a very conspicuous tattoo. Actually two. Only one of them will declare my never-ending love for Jesus Christ. The other will just look cool. Besides, how will ANYONE know I love Jesus if it's not tattooed on my arm? Sheesh.

brenna said...

Although this description sounds slightly like a worship leader I know....

Steven Latham said...

Gosh, that's the farthest thing from where I was with this post (truly), but I guess it goes to show ya...

Anonymous said...

I am one of those...and very proud of it! Go key of B!

Steven Latham said...

That's great! Where's your tattoo and what does it say?

WorshipRelief said...

Let's see...
Bowling shoes: check
Hair: receding
Capo: check
Tattoo: check - but of the (B.C.) fraternity variety
Coldplay & U2: check - both on iPod
British accent: nope
weight: not even close

I need to find a new hobby too...